Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

easiest linux, help for fresh user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahsan Riaz

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
linux help

can any body guide me how to use the linux operating system.i am totally new user.

Re: linux help

there are many cbts based on linux. purchase them. install linux on your system. connect it with internet. start using it. if you have any problem somewhere using it just go on to internet and you can find zillion tutorials there.

can anyone tell me the sites from where i can have the cbts for linux or other basic helping documentation

linux help

Hi !!
linux.org

You can install linux an start using it.
I think that's the best way to "learn" linux.

linux help

are u installed any linux os in ur sysem if not i think u can start with redhat version it is more easy to lean

linux help

i have used many linux distros like debian,redhat,fedora,ubuntu,centos,opensuse,mandriva,gentoo,
& unix freebsd ,solaris

but actually according to me the easyest linux is OPENSUSE which is with good hardware support and complete user friendly and a good professional operatingsystem .

opensuse.org this is the website from u can get it.

u can use it as a normal desktop for playing music ,videos ,games,office......or u can use it as server ,http,ftp,smtp,pop3(mail server),file server,chat server,.......so it is complete operating system.

other good OS like OPENSUSE is DEBIAN...

the latest version is debian 5.0(lenny)
u can get it from debian.org

with 5 DVDs it is superb it is also the good professional user friendly & complete operating system.

currently i use both OS in my all different computer systems & servers ... these both are the BEST ....

redhat/centOS is also a quite good operating system...
these are very userfriendly and easy operating systems..

u can learn debian linux from "www.aboutdebian.org"

& u can learn opensuse linux form "www.susegeek.com"

& from starting linux/unix commands u can learn from "linuxcommand.org "

these are free sources but if u want to spend money then u can buy linux computer base traing
those are video lectures...from "www.linuxcbt.com"

they will master u in linux & u can become linux guru :D......

Added after 4 minutes:

**broken link removed**

anothe good link:D

Status
Not open for further replies.