Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle - redraw airwires after loss of consistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitecollar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have a project in eagle where I temporarily lost consistency between my schematic and board. I have now added the correctly named parts to my board so there is an exact match between the schematic and board.

However, there are around 60 airwires I would have to manually re-draw. This is a real pain ... I have not routed any of the board yet, so how can I just force eagle to redraw all the airwires that are missing?

Many thanks,
Andrew.

Fixing inconsistency between the schematic & PCB is tricky - it is best to avoid getting into that situation in the first place by keeping both open at all times.

Having replaced the parts to the board and run a consistency check, what report do you get?

Keith.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

By the way, nets can only be added on the schematic, I believe, so you need to delete the connections on the schematic that don't exist on the PCB then check consistency. When it is OK, redraw the nets on the schematic. Depending on your PCB, it may be easier to simply re-create the PCB.

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

One thing I have never done, which may work is to export a netscript from the schematic (without the PCB open). Then import the netscript into the PCB (without the schematic open).

Keith.

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

Just tried it - it seems to work (even if you don't close the schematic/PCB). After exporting the NETSCRIPT you need to RUN the SCRIPT in the PCB rather than import it. That re-creates the connections at the PCB level.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back