[SOLVED] Eagle - one layout, multiple schematics - possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamedriver

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

What I mean is this - I design and layout a complex, multi-purpose, circuit and it works OK. I then decide to use the layout for a sub-set of the the original functions. I can do this by simply crossing out bits of the schematic on paper, and not installing un-required components on the board.

But I would like to edit the schematic, and hence the BOM, etc so as to document the reduced function. As I delete from the schematic the components vanish from the layout - which is what I want, but so do the tracks.

Is it possible to "lock" the layout?

You can use "assembly variants" in the "Edit" menu. When you create a new variant you can name it, give each part a different value and also say if it is mounted or not. If the part is not mounted, it will be marked with a cross in the schematic.

You can use "assembly variants" in the "Edit" menu. When you create a new variant you can name it, give each part a different value and also say if it is mounted or not. If the part is not mounted, it will be marked with a cross in the schematic.

Hi

That is excellent. I thought I had looked everywhere, and Googled widely, but I wasn't looking for a name like that so I missed it.

Thanks, and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…