Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle IDE cable with 1 blocked pin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanagilf

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm quite new to all of this design stuff, and I have to design an Arduino MEGA shield using Eagle.

I'm using an IDE Cable connector (an ASUS HDD Cable) to do the Arduino connections, and therefore I wanted to use and IDC connector on my arduino shield so I could connect my cable directly to it.

I found an old post in this forum (https://www.edaboard.com/threads/188474/) that said where we could find some IDC connectors on eagle.

However, my problem is that, my cable has 2x20 pins, but one of them is blocked, so the answer gave in that post (any 2x20 pin 0.1" spacing connector), doesn't work for me.

I thought on using two 2x10 connectors and space them 0.1 from each other, but that sounds quite silly.

My question is, is there any connector on eagle for this type of cables? (I can't find any but like I said, I'm very noob on this so I'm still kind of lost in all the components list).

IMG_20170324_111200.jpg

Thank you!

Hi,

I´m not sure what you really need.

I assume you just need a 2x20 pinheader. This is a removable way to connect to your blue connector
The package and device is in the standard EAGLE libraries.
The problem with the blocked pin can be solved easily: just cut the pin at the pin header. No need to create a new package.
See this picture:
pinhead1.jpg
Or similar:
pinhead2.jpg

Or you mean those direct ribbon_cable_to_PCB IDC connectors. They are non removable.
IDC1.jpg
The may be soldere in smaller drillholes, but can be soldered in the standard holes, too.

For all those you may use the stadard EAGLE pinhead package.
But if you want to desgn your own package (because of drill diameter and package outlines) you may copy the pinhead package and modify it.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back