Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle: beginner's caustic rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
Folks,

I’m not new to circuit design and board layout. I have designed a dozed commercial quality boards in OrCAD, about as many hobby/proto boards in ExpressPCB and a few in Protel DXP (before it was renamed into Altium). So far, I’ve logged only 2 hours on Eagle, though. That included skimming through the tutorial that came with the installation, and an ongoing attempt to redraw a small schematics in Eagle.

The moniker Eagle is actually an acronym for Easily Applicable Graphic Layout Editor. The letter G looks a lot like C, So, I think there was a typo, and instead of “Graphic” it should have been “Command-line”.

I’ll tinker with Eagle some more until the Stockholm effect kicks in. That approach worked for OrCAD.

- Nick

Wah wah! I spent a whole two hours with a new tool and it does everything differently than the software that I'm used to.... wah wah! ;-)

for Kender: EAGLE is very easy to earn. To avoid typing every command, just list most frequently used command in "scr\eagle.scr" file, they will appear on menu as text and/or icons. Also set "user interface" options (I use text mode, by the way). Do not put ALL command - or menu will be longer than monitor height.
Lev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back