Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

E as the verification language in comparison with others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry007

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai,guis.I am using the e as the verification language in the work now.I wonder how many people used it as a verification language?

E is the only one?

Many people use it.

E is the only one?

"e" wht is this ???

Re: E is the only one?

haha, e is a verification language belong to candence, in fact ,it found by verisity.
and i known also many people used the systemverilog as verification language.so i wonder the difference between e and sv, and which one will be more pop in future?

lh007 said:
haha, e is a verification language belong to candence, in fact ,it found by verisity.
and i known also many people used the systemverilog as verification language.so i wonder the difference between e and sv, and which one will be more pop in future?

interesting joke !

haha,why is the interesting joke?I can't feel you ,guy!

E is the only one?

heard of C.. lol. bt WTH is E [:(]...temme more... thx[;)]

E is the only one?

many big company use e.it's like c,the important isn't the languages ,is the verification method

E is the only one?

some companies is going to move to SV but they already have a lot of test suites built from E.... So E and SV will co-exist for a long while I think.

e is a verification language used in Specman Elite to allow high-level verification of RTL designs and to analyse functional coverage. It is the property of Cadence, and is in the process of being standardised as IEEE 1647.

It attempts to provide a high level of reuse from the use of 'eVC's or 'e Verification Components'.

(en.wikipedia.com)

Folks,

Recently, SystemVerilog gains a lot of momentum in verification world. I would like to encourage everyone to learn it since a lot of gurus are backing it and I will see it will replace verilog, VHDL, and E in the next few years.

Hope it helps.

yes,systemverilog is more popular than e now, but
I think e will have a piece of place in furture because e is a professional verification language, and it will be use by more verification engineer if e become open-code and use free.

lh007 said:
e is a verification language belong to candence

Hi !
I wonder which Cadence tools support "E" along with Verilog ?

E is one of the most popular verification languages even today....

on which tool we can implement this E?

The tool is specman, it can work with NC,if you are interesting it,you can connect the local supporter of candence, and this tool is not free, the license cost isn't cheap!

E is the only one?

So anyone here used E in an NC tool ? How does it work ? So we can compile & simulate design code (write in Verilog) & testbench code (write in E) in the same tool at the same time ?

Thanks for any reply !

yes....
NC can be integrated with specman.
I used it and got the results for verilog.... perfectly...

I verified a small processor

what's Specman is it a compiler for E-language or what?

is it linux or windows

also which cadence tool support E-language and what is the difference between Specman and such cadence tool

E is the only one?

specman elite is the tool from veristy which is acquired by cadence.
so it's a cadence tool.
e is the language used.
instead od writing a verilog/vhdl Testbench one writes a e bsed verification environment as it is simpler compared to HDl and the coverage obtained is far more better than HDL based..
Srinivas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back