Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dye Sensitized solar cell curve tracer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritika.lavina

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Basic problem with obtaining the I-V plot of a solar cell is varying its resistance. so we developed a module which is about 1% cost of the modules commercially available for the same.

Dye Sensitized Solar Cells (DSSCs) possesses huge potential in solar energy utilisation and one of the major advantages of DSSCs is that they are cost effective over Silicon-based Solar Cells. Immense research is going on in order to improve its performance and make it more cost effective. One way to measure its performance is to plot its I-V Curve over a range of resistances and find the point of maximum power. However in the measurement of current and voltage there are certain limitations. The limitations include very small current of the order of micro Amperes that poses a difficulty to conventional measuring devices. Further there is a need to perform these measurements under standard conditions.

In this project, we aim to construct a module which is cost effective as well as provide descent accuracy in the measurement of the current and voltage of DSSCs. This can be achieved by using a PC and microcontroller based system where signal conditioning is done by the microcontroller and the I-V Curve has been plotted on the PC screen.

Attachments

• solar curvetracer.pdf
    568.8 KB · Views: 152
  • matlab.pdf
    23.3 KB · Views: 109
  • HEADER FILE TO BE INCLUDED.pdf
    23.3 KB · Views: 138

Status
Not open for further replies.