Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual RS-232 Error?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

makifraza

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just wanted to ask that what will happen if RS-232 conversion is done twice???

I have made a PIC circuit board and used Serial communication. On board i did the RS-232 conversion by using MAX RS-233 ic. Unfortunately i bought a USB to Serial cable which has built in RS-232 conversion. Simulation of circuit works fine as it does not involve twice RS conversion. But on hardware it is not working. Is it because of twice RS conversion??? and if yes will my circuit board work if i remove Max ic from board and short the TX and RX directly...

-M. Aakif Raza..

Not sure what you're doing here or what your problem is. There's nothing wrong with connecting the RS-232 port of your board to the RS-232 port of your RS-232/USB converter. What do you mean it works in simulation? How are you simulating the transmission and reception of data?

Are your baud rates set properly? Handshaking? How are you receiving (or transmitting) your USB data? How do you know ANYTHING on your board is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.