Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Dual 5V output from one 5V input circuit design, help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a strategy for reducing noise to sensitive circuitry...
Isolate it via resistor. Add filter capacitor nearby.
It should allow using a single 5V power supply.

power supply filtering w resis to isolate.png

The AC/DC described in post #1 has 5W output, why does it appear as 10W converter in the schematic? If you think about changing the converter, why not a dual output AC/DC module?
Dual output in HiLink SMPS is not available. As HiLink is best in India. I am heading towards using polyfuse and filter circuit as everyone suggested.
--- Updated ---

As, there is no switching frequency written on the datasheet of HiLink SMPS which I am using 220V AC to 5V 10W. So, I have decided to use 10uF and 0.1uF as suggested above as a filter.
Now, I am bit unsure about PTC. Well, I found one, which is **broken link removed** holding current 900mA and trip current is 1.8A 60V fuse. I didn't found one with 5V. Is it fine?

Last edited:

Hi,

holding current 900mA and trip current is 1.8A 60V fuse. I didn't found one with 5V. Is it fine?
You need to look at the series resistance.
resistance x current = voltage drop
decie if the voltage drop is not too high.

Klaus

What do you think about this?
1600422240612.png

Hi,

The cold fuse is low ohmic, thus there is not much series impedance to block high frequency.
I'd add a series impedance.
If voltage drop is O.K. then a simple resistor, otherwise an inductor.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back