Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DS89C420 Questions...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ds89c420 programmer

Hi there,

I have many Dallas Semi DS89C420 and i have no idea how to program it.Is there any programmer schematics around here? I have this schem. but i'm not sure if it is working :
**broken link removed**
Has somebody tried this before?
My second question is, i have NO experience with 8051 based mcu.So can i use it like Pic? Is there any handy compiler like CCS c pic compiler? I need C compiler.I also need lots of document...
So.. Thanks in advance :D

Analyzer.

ds89c420 arabic

Analyzer,you are a lucky man if you have a lot of chips.

For programming DS89C420 I preffer the software and hardware developed by Dallas itself.
You can find here:
**broken link removed**

For data sheet and other documents read:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
DS89C420 Ultra High-Speed Microcontroller Memory Interface Timing

**broken link removed**
DS89C420 Hardware Enhancements Increase Serial Port Flexibility and Performance

Be aware of errata too:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

If you don't have experience with 51 series , 89C420 it's not the right choise.

For C compiler use k e i l . It's the best one.

Regards,
Silvio

ds89c420 user guide

dear Analyzer
Hi , I got a sample of 89C420 from maxim, It have a downloader program from maxim. I'm not sure where I found it in maxim wed site or you could download from here
**broken link removed**
this is a program download for DS89C420 or you can also use HYPERTERMINAL in windows to download hex code also. For a good C programmer you can use K E I L and must be version 7 to support DS89C420. I have done some project with this chip. If you have some problem i may be possible to help you.

ds89c420 diy programmer

I created a downloader/interface board for it, better than PIC because the board I made is InCircuit Programmer. Also no switches between RUN and Program Mode.

8051 Chips are good, hey any of you got luck sampling the other DS series micros?

Another, it only uses hyperterminal for downloads.

Contact me if need help.

maxim 89c430

hi friends

i have a problem in simulating 89c420 in K*eil , in that software i could not get memory map correctly, only left side geneal SFRs are showing. where r the other registers? how to get full variables data to display.
also there is a problem that @25MHz ajmp instruction is taking 640ns where as in 89c420 datasheet it uses only 80ns.

i just wrote this software

org 0
ajmp start ;640ns (req.=80ns)

start: clr p1.0 ;320ns (req.=80ns)
setb p1.0 ;320ns (req.=80ns)
end

whats happening?
i dont want to use K*eil. please tell me other simulators which supports these mcus.

ds89c420 performance

ACEBUS Simulator is better.

89c420 programmer

I'm new to 8052 (and electronics in general) so please don't blame me too much for the quetion.
Can I use the loader420 for ds89c430 and 80c310?If not, where can I find schematics for a simple programmer for them (and software)? Thank you for answering.

ds89c420 programmer circuit schematic

You can use the loader by Mxim for the DS89C420 to DS89C450 series of microcontrollers, 80C310 is a ROMLESS Core and therefore it has no bootloader yet and you have to attach an external Memory for you to use it.

ds89c420 programming

I've built pbc layout based on the schematic found in webpage:**broken link removed**
(a programmer for 89c430. It does not work. Can anybody tell me what I have done wrong? I have the pcb and the theoretic diagram in the webpage:
**broken link removed**. Plaese, if anybody can help I would be very thankfull.

Added after 44 minutes:

**broken link removed** The previous has a dot (.) in the end and won't work.

Added after 16 minutes:

**broken link removed**
The previous leads to an error because it has a dot (.) in the end.

windows loader

oh god!what's wrong with the web pages? Can you send me the schematic of the programmer at : aetosa@yahoo.com ? I'd be very much obliged.

dallas 89c430 programmer schematic

Please check the new link for the DS89C420 Programmer.

Glenjoy

ds89c420 programmer schematic diagram

Ok my friend. Thank you very much for your help and your time.

maxim loader420

Btw, components are MAX233, DS89C420, LM1084-5 and a tri-state buffer. The Vcc of the DS89C420 is connected by a jumper to the Vout of the LM1084-5. Don't forget the tact switch for reset, resistor and capacitor.

Just reply here for additional questions.

I suppose I must put and some capacitors. Can you tell me where, what value and type(ceramic, electrolytic)? Forgive me for these naive questions, but as you understand , I'm not experienced with electronics.
Also you're saying:
'tact switch for reset, resistor and capacitor'
What's that? Where it goes?

Added after 6 minutes:

Also which tristate buffer? I have 74LS125, but it has 14 pins, while on your layout I see 16 pins, so it doen't suit.

You must use ceramic for the crystal oscillator and electrolytic for the reset capacitor and the LM1084-5 capacitor.

The LED I used is what they called resistor LED, the one with a resistor inside.

Please read the question again. You ve answered only 5% of what I asked. You keeep forgetting I'm an amature. If you can , please draw the components on the PCB layout and send me again. Excuse me for bothering you.

Ok it is working, I didn't touch anything but the programmer now works!!!
Now, I m looking for a 80c320 programmer. Does anybody have some schematic for a simple 80c320 programmer? Thank you in advance

Aetosa,

the DS80C320 has no internal program memory - it uses an external memory. Therefore there is *no* programmer for the '320.

You need to program whatever external memory (EEPROM, FLASH, NVSRAM) you use in a programmer for that memory.

FoxyRick.

Status
Not open for further replies.