Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drop Box and Office 365 Data Loss Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongdragon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Are you using drop box and office 365 in your workplace? We are currently experiencing few issues such connectivity and data loss. Can you suggest some preventive ways to avoid such problems? I have read some blogs about Office 365 compliance controls but not really sure if these are really reliable. I'd surely appreciate your inputs. TIA.

Dropbox will sync properly and save data for 30 days if deleted or updated.
Pro version saves 1yr 1TB
WOrk version infinite backup

I use all my common Portable Apps (dozens) in Dropbox so any PC at home gets the latest update or config change form any application and latest updates automatically. 5GB free
Never lost a file in years.

Do you have permissions setup correctly for all Dropbox folders to be updated by Office? local and remote? Is autobackup enabled or fast backup in Office?

- - - Updated - - -

Dropbox will sync properly and save data for 30 days if deleted or updated.
Pro version saves 1yr 1TB
WOrk version infinite backup

I use all my common Portable Apps (dozens) in Dropbox so any PC at home gets the latest update or config change form any application and latest updates automatically. 5GB free
Never lost a file in years.

Do you have permissions setup correctly for all Dropbox folders to be updated by Office? local and remote? Is autobackup enabled or fast backup in Office?

Did you call Dropbox or write to them yet?

Thank you for that! We just had a meeting yesterday and the board suggested to consult a networking & security firm to help us resolve the issues. I'm trying to find a few companies similar to this one with specialization in adding security controls for both drop box and office 365. That org is US-based company...we're here in Dubai...so I have to limit my search in our location. Hopefully I can immediately get at least 3 similar firms and request them to send their proposals. Thanks again!

If it were me supporting you, I would;
1) verify / review loss process to determine if user error or malware. Software and server is reliable.
2) perform network tests
> https://www.pingtest.net/
> Dropbox.exe to client.v.dropbox.com
> https://speedtest.net
3) Perform Malware tests
4) review Backup and processes
5) Review results.
5) Suggest improved security practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.