Driving transistor as swich from line out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoKKeR

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transistor an line out

Is there any possibility to drive transistor as switch by using audio signal from line out ? Efficient & simple will work like a charm.

Iv already created Signal what is pulsed DC...
So far as i know to use transistor as switch theres nothing complicated coz voltage and current should do the "trick"

Do i need to ground something down ?
What about a connecting line out to base, will it work just to connect base line out "positive something" with base.

driving lineout

Anything ?

Although can i exceed 20000 Hz limit ? Signal will be really simple... On what depends tease limitations ? Is the sound card driving (control) part behind it or ???

Can i clock sound card somewhere from bios or something ?

Im not sure what u wanna do with line out...But if u wanna exceed the 20KHz limit, the sound cards are built to generate audible frequecies (20-20KHz). I dont think sound cards are designed to generate ultrasonic signals (>20KHz)...And if u simply wanna drive a transistor with line out u can do that...Choose a transistor with High hFE ratings...and connect the base of transistor to line out...

JoKKeR

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The only advantage of a PC sound card line out is the ability of playing *.wav files without writing a line of code. Apart from that, any digital interface, e. . printer port, RS232 would be better suited to drive a switch transistor.

JoKKeR

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.