Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

driving nokia 6300 lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

banjak

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I found this project to drive nokia lcd by using pic18f4550 uc: **broken link removed**
Any body can help me use this project in order to initialize and drew a simple rectangle and a string on nokia lcd.
Any suggestion are wellcome and i will be thankfull

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry the link is : http://www.ivica-novakovic.from.hr/MotorCycle%20Computer%20Board%20with%20Nokia6280%20lcd-eng.htm
Sorry again

It's an interesting looking project.
Before trying to help you, how much have you done with programming PIC's and the C language?

I would start by building his project on breadboard to make sure you have something known to test on. Then go through his code and make small changes starting with the file Nokia 6280.c and play with one of the functions like DrawScaleFuelConsumption at line 1054. Make some changes to the LCDSetRect command's parameters and see what that does when you compile and run it.

One thing of note is the author has used WinPic800 as his development environment. I tend to use the Microchip tools. I dont know what you use. This may not be to much of a problem depending on your skill level as there is probably some modification needed to the library and header files if using a different compiler.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh forgot. For anyone else reading this and the link takes you to a web hosting site, the link (both times in banjak's post) won't work. It should be http://www.ivica-novakovic.from.hr/MotorCycle Computer Board with Nokia6280 lcd-eng.htm. For anyone into motorbikes and electronics, you'll probably be interested in a look.

Hello!

I have been programming many LCD drivers over the years. From my experience, it's quite easy
and usually you can get most of the (pseudo) code in the documentation.
And if you program carefully you can make code which is quite portable. For example
on a SPI device, you need to write functions like Select(), SPISendByte() and sometimes SPIRecvByte()
(and SPISendBuffer, SPIRecvBuffer).
Then you write the main code, and a library defining the above function. If you move to another
processor, you don't even touch the main code, you have to implement only the above functions
for the specific processor you are using.

So in conclusion, just start to look for 6300 source code. I guess there are sources online. If you cannot
find anything, then try to discover which driver is inside and try to get the documentation of the chip,
and I'm sure you can start your own implementation from the docs.

That's about it!

Dora.

hi, iam usually use asm language but i can understant c language, if you giude me to use this project (header, library and a simple main) in order to startup the glcd and drew a simple rectangle and string, i will be very thankfull if somebody send me the code for doing that and i will modifay it to fit my project.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for your reply dora but you tell me to write code from zero while anathor one do that before, iam just ask to use his experience in order to save time thank you

- - - Updated - - -

i forget to tell you that i use mplab from microchip.

Status
Not open for further replies.