Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driver for TCB8000C Color lcd of topwaydisplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_b_mofidi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tcb8000c

this is a program for mega16 with 16MHz crystal with codevision for TCB8000C driver card of a 3.5" color LCD.In the top of file TCB8000C.c,I mentioned used pins.
I u have any question or may be problem, please don't be hesitate to mail to me.

tcb8000 application note english

Hi all
I want to show some pictures on this LCD . so I need one software to convert pictures to 16-bit code . Is there any one who can help me?

tcb8000c lcd

is picture in bitmap form?what is the format of your picture?
if it is bitmap then just search for "load bitmap" in google you find many things.then you can read data.I suggest use bit bitmap so you have bit for color.I have a program for loading a bitmap & set pallete.instead of fname[],fname1[] use your file name.(I use a VESA_VGA for driving graphic mode & this program is for PC)

how to program color lcd

Dear all,

I am working in a project using the TCB8000C LCD controller ..
I connect the LCD to the MCU via Serial port .I followed the initialization sequence in the application notes and I tried to draw a line on it but till now the LCD didn't display any thing.

I tried to read the registers of LCD to check if it works or not and I succeed to read the reset value of the registers correctly..

I don't know why it doesn't display any thing on screen.

The connections between the LCD and MCU are :
TxD , RxD , VCC , Ground

So please if anyone could help me.

Appreciate your help
Thanks
Regards
Mahmoud

bitmap to color lcd

hi to all
any one dont have serial port sample of tcb8000?

best regards.

serial tcb8000 driving

Hi
Please I'm trying to connect the LCD with the controller TCB8000C to a PIC Microcontroller 18F2455 and I'm using 16MHz Clock and I tried your code but still doesn't want to work.
It lights up and shows white screen and do nothing else.
I was able to control it through serial port and it works great.
But with parallel ...it gives no response.
Is there any help you can help me with?
Thanks

sherifgirgis,

Can you please post an example of your working serial port code?

Kind regards

hi mr mofidi
tanx for your sample code
i use yuor code and your code work corret in draw shape and print string but i cant show picture in lcd with "ShowBMP160" rottin can you help me please
tanx
I M A N

Re: serial tcb8000 driving

m_b_mofidi said:
this is a program for mega16 with 16MHz crystal with codevision for TCB8000C driver card of a 3.5" color LCD.In the top of file TCB8000C.c,I mentioned used pins.
I u have any question or may be problem, please don't be hesitate to mail to me.
:D

Thank you so much
I think you are the only one on the internet who provided the fully working code.

Added after 15 minutes:

sherifgirgis said:
Hi
Please I'm trying to connect the LCD with the controller TCB8000C to a PIC Microcontroller 18F2455 and I'm using 16MHz Clock and I tried your code but still doesn't want to work.
It lights up and shows white screen and do nothing else.
I was able to control it through serial port and it works great.
But with parallel ...it gives no response.
Is there any help you can help me with?
Thanks

The problem i got with PIC18F4321 was the reset sequence in the beginning of initialization function.

see my files, please note that i didn't complete my project yet.

hello all,
i have been searching all over the net and finally landed here. I bought the Color graphical LCD TCB8000C and i want to test it using my PC and the RS232 connection.
The connections are ok and powered with +5V, I can read the register values etc..... But nothing is displayed on the screen. I found a forum and I passed some hex values to it...
FF 00 00 FE. The backlight flashes for a few microseconds and goes off. After this what ever i send to the controller, it give me an acknowledgement bit of 00. Without sending FF 00 00 FE, it give 08, if do anything.

I am sure that I have set some registers wrong when experimenting. Please help me to sort out this....

Just give me an example to draw a line or a character. Please

Hi
I want to show some pictures on this LCD . so I need one software to convert pictures to 16-bit code . Is there any one who can help me?

Can someone please share the fully working code for interfacing and displaying text and bitmap pics on the TCB8000A based TFT. Thanks in advance.

Dear friend
if you contact to supporter man of topway TFT LCD, he will response to your questions very fast. hear is his email: kenny@topwaydisplay.com
have a good time.:razz:

Dear all,
Hi,
I need TCB8000 GLCD code with BASCOOM software.
please help me.
Thanks,
:|

Status
Not open for further replies.