Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driver code for TFT Help needed urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooolajit

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm new to TFT. I'm supposed to write a routine driver code for TFT to display text which is of 320x240 & controller is SSD1963. how to get through this point. please help if anyone has worked on this TFT controller. I'm also supposed to display different font other than english. like hindi font. kindly help me with a sample code to read a character from english font array & also to generate hindi font.

Hello,
Have you a already working TFT driver? (init & draw_pixel at least)
Hindi font have fixed or variable width?
Hindi font's character are encoded as 16 bit unicode ?

Hello alex,
Thx for your reply. Now I have TFT driver with me wherein I'm able to able to display english font of size 7x11. Now my next task is to display hindi fonts. Can i get hindi font array so that i can read it in my function.

Hello,
Have you a already working TFT driver? (init & draw_pixel at least)
Hindi font have fixed or variable width?
Hindi font's character are encoded as 16 bit unicode ?

Thx for your link for fonts alex. I already have a english font file which consists of const array of all characters from A-Z & a-z & 0-9. I had written a function such that it would read font array each character by character. Now I wanted hindi font file the same way as I had for english fonts so that i could use the same function to read it as an array. Can I get a const array of hindi fonts?

I can help you to make a const array if you make a single color bitmap of your font.

You can make a bitmap with the hindi character in order reducing any of this in a fixed size ?
Use a 'grid' of a size that you need for each character (example 10 x 12 or 8 x 11)
Also you can use a variable width but in this case please draw each character within a larger fix grid.

I Have done a hindi character in the software named 8x8 ROM pixel Font Editor. But I feel it is tedious to generate fonts for all characters by this procedure. Can i get any font generator tool or any hindi font const array containing all characters of size 8x11 or 10x12? Kindly help if available so.

I suggest you to install various fonts and writing on a black and white bitmap the ordered sequence separated by a space. (Similar to @ A B C D etc.)
Then you have to work on the bitmap in order to get all the characters with a constant width. If you can do so, attach the bitmap obtained in the next post and I will convert to a const array

I suggest you to install various fonts and writing on a black and white bitmap the ordered sequence separated by a space. (Similar to @ A B C D etc.)
Then you have to work on the bitmap in order to get all the characters with a constant width. If you can do so, attach the bitmap obtained in the next post and I will convert to a const array

Hi Alex,
I have made an attachment hindi font bitmap here. please send me the const array for this. Also when I was going through some documents yesterday online, I found that to generate hindi fonts, there is concept called UTF-16. Can u let me know the procedure also to move forward in this regard.

Attachments

• Hindi_Fonts.bmp
    168.9 KB · Views: 64

Please attach a bitmap where each character is in a grid with a fixed size !

Please attach a bitmap where each character is in a grid with a fixed size !

hi,
Can u please send me the bit map software to generate 7x11 font size hindi font so that i could generate an const array of these fonts. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back