Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drive high side N-channel Mosfets

Status
Not open for further replies.

m8911

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've been trying to drive the high side N-channel Mosfets of H-bridge using a totem pole configuration as in the picture cir1.png but it's not working..

I searched in the forum and the given solution is to use a mosfet driver but the problem is that i need to do it using the totem pole config and using N-channel mosfets

can someone tell me how i can modify the above circuit to make it work..

Last edited:

Me too, I get a 403 - Forbidden message when I click the image link

plz try again, i uploaded it on the forum

Assuming that you will be constantly switching the H bridge mosfets you can use the bootstrap solution

mosfet_highside_bootstrap3.gif

Reactions: m8911

m8911

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for the reply alexan_e

so the circuit you provided above is for the high side mosfets only? should i connect the output from the optocoupler to Q1(G)? how do i choose the voltage for D1(A)?

this is supposed to be a high side only and that is why the load is connected between the source and gnd.
You should remove the load and connect the drain of the lower side mosfet in its place.

The optocoupler output transistor can replace the Q1.
The D1 voltage is the same voltage that powers the bridge, it is 15v in your case and assuming that your mosfet has a max Vgs of 20v there will be no problem with 15v.
Q5 is just a pre driver of the totem pole , if you want to use a different design then you can remove it.

Alex

Reactions: m8911

m8911

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back