Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing layout for passive devices R,L,C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackuni

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

can anyone share doc/reference related to drawing layout for passive devices R,L,C & their different structure & validation in COSMOS LE or any layout tool.

Thanks,

Re: layout R,L,C

To have the effect of RLC, increase the metal length between two inverters or buffers.

Hi,

I thought my Q was clear. I am luking for document for drawing layout for passive devices in COSMOS LE or in any layout tool.

thanks,

Hi,

each process has its own set of recognition, marking etc layers to identify any r, l, c stucture. it would be given in the design rule manual. If u miss any layer the tool will not recognise the device.
and there will be different type of resistors etc like diffusion resistor, poly resistor, nwell resistor. each will be different with different marking layers.

hey

just in case u still need the info abt how to layout RLCs
(or may be can be useful for someone else)

here it is

i have used cadence virtuoso for doing layouts

Layout of Resistance:

for resistance, we can use

1. poly or
2. pwell

to layout.

to start off draw a rectangle with any of the above, i wud prefer poly, and select res_id layer from LSW window

draw this res_id layer on the poly rectange fully

add contacts on both sides.

do drc and extract

in the extracted view, you can see the resistance value for the corresponding area of the poly.

Layout of Cap:

A cap can be formed between poly and elec. Draw these two layers so that they overlap. the overlap area contributes to capacitance.

draw cap_id covering the smallest shape among the two. use metal contacts to establish cntacts

do drc and extract and see the cap value in the extracted view

adjust ur areas to get the right value of cap u want

Havent done the layout of an inductor yet.

anyone who has done can throw some light on it

thanks
shweta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back