Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing electronics layout drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

odyseus

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,
There are loads of packages/libraries to draw circuit diagrams but very little to draw the physical wiring layouts.

There are always very nice wiring layouts in EPE - is there a purpose piece of software that can do this??

I did come across a site (I think) where some guy had a large collection of electronic components pictures that could be dropped into a drawing.

At the moment I use Winword drawings but these don't look very professional??

Any suggestions??

Cheers

Ody

odyseus said:
Hi to all,
There are loads of packages/libraries to draw circuit diagrams but very little to draw the physical wiring layouts.

There are always very nice wiring layouts in EPE - is there a purpose piece of software that can do this??

I did come across a site (I think) where some guy had a large collection of electronic components pictures that could be dropped into a drawing.

At the moment I use Winword drawings but these don't look very professional??

Any suggestions??

Cheers

Ody

Hi,
Lots of tools can be used for wire lay out.
HFSS and ADS for 3D/2D layout
Magic, Virtuoso, LEDIT, also can be used for 2D layout.

For circuit drawing Visio is always the best.

Altium is my suggestion

Yes I do use normal CAD packages but I really wanted to generate 3D style drawings, like in EPE using clipart type drawings..

i think that you aught to Use Protues (ISIS,ARES)

Also I suggest Protel DXP for 3D representations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back