Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

draw double amount of current from multiple ac-dc-adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

niceguy77

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i'm fixing dc-ac-inverter. But wants to do the job in the room, not in the garage while car engine is running.

Now i've got 4 ac-dc-adapters with 12V 4A output.

Is it possible to draw 12V 4x4=16A by connecting 4 adapters in parallel?

If ok, do I need to add schottky diodes to keep from reverse voltage attack from each other adapters into each adapters?

Thanks in advance~

Yes, it is better to use a diode (does not need to be a schottky one unless you need this extra voltage drop cause by the normal diode). The diode will ensure that when one adaptor is on, there is no current flow to the others that may cause any problems.

Re: draw double amount of current from multiple ac-dc-adapte

platonas said:
Yes, it is better to use a diode (does not need to be a schottky one unless you need this extra voltage drop cause by the normal diode). The diode will ensure that when one adaptor is on, there is no current flow to the others that may cause any problems.

Thank you Platonas~!

1. Do you mean it's ok (even though not 'BETTER') to connect adapters in parallel without diodes?

2. Are you sure this combination will provide 4 times of 4A = 16A current?

Status
Not open for further replies.