Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts when controlling servo motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwDw

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This post is about controlling servos using PWM. (using microcontrollers(TIVA LAUNCHPAD,TM4C123GH6PM) and the raspberry pi 2.)

I have created a signal using PWM and the raspberry pi to control the tower pro SG 90.The problem I encountered was that in the datasheet of the servo it says that you need a 5V PWM signal to control it, and my raspbberrypi/tiva can only provide 3.3V on its pins.I tried using the 3.3V pins: I found out that the neutral position(0°) worked well but the +90° and -90°didn´t, they only reached +45°/-45° approximately.

So, do i need to make and extra circuit using OPAMs to "amplify" the output pins or did I do anything wrong?

Link to the servo datasheet: **broken link removed**

Not an op-amp. You could use them but the circuitry would be fairly complicated. The PWM signals are logic signals - only two states, low and high, what you need is a level converter that makes the high 5V instead of 3.3V. Do a search for logic level converters and it should come up with many solutions.

Brian.

Hi,

Or a bjt and two resistors...and an inverted PWM.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.