Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts about project: Z optimum with load pull and matching to 50 ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline_Franca

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, it's the first time I'm working with PAs and I have some doubts about the project. First, I did the load pull to find the optimum load (12+5*j), put the conjugate complex in the port (12-5*J) e with lumped components (using a capacitor and inductor) I did transformation to find 12+5*j in Z parameters. After that, I did impedance matching with T-Match high pass to 50 ohms.

So, I have in the output: L choker + 1 inductor and 1 capacitor of optimum load + 1 inductor and 2 capacitors of impedance matching. (In the end Inductor:3, Capacitor:3).

In the end I found the correct PAE, Pout, Gain e etc like in my load-pull simulations (ADS). But I have a lot components. I don't know if this is the right method to find the Z optimum and after that match with 50 ohms.

Can you explain more? Dou you say about the L of the transformation to optimum load? I think I have too much inductors in my circuit, but to transform the output of the PA to the optimum load I had to use one Inductor with a capacitor because when I changed to real components it was impossible with just the capacitor to have 12 +5j (because of the limits of the size).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back