Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts about LPC1758 USB Host usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sink0

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i need to implement a system that will save some log information on a USB flash. I will be using a LPC1758 with the USB port acting as a HOST only. Looking at the user manual, at the example schematic there is a LM3526-L that is basically a switch with overcurrent protection. As i am not going to connect my system to anything else than a pendrive, should i use the switch? If not, is there any schematic example? if yes, why?

Second, i am using Code Sourcery compiler. Is there any USB Host stack that i can use on a GCC compiler? How about a pendrive interface with FAT example?

Third question, i think the answer is no. Is there any way to update the LPC firmware using a pendrive. I belive that would be possible if i could manage to create a bootloader that can act as USB Host, but that is probably going to consume a LOT of flash. Any way, is that possible.

Finally, i am used to make my projects with microcontrollers acting as a USB device, and all USB projects i use a ESD protection IC on the USB Line. Can i use the same IC with the LPC acting as a Host?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.