Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dome Light Dimmer for cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdmsoft

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI all

I want to design a circuit for follwing spec... can any one pass me a solution..?

its a cool feature found on most luxury and super luxury cars like Benz, Lexus, BMW etc.. Basically what it does it to delay the cabin light by 5-10 seconds after the door is closed. The light will then fade off slowly to off mode. Whilst being useful in its purpose this circuit adds a luxury feel to your car. An added benefit of the Dome Light Dimmer is that unlike the preset delay on most luxury models, you now have the freedom to set the delay and the dimming speed to suit your requirements.

- Buddhi -

Added after 50 minutes:

Hi,

I tried this circuit, it works well, But for me there are 2 issues on that,

1. It is designed for +ve (positive) ground models. But my car is -ve (negative) ground one.

2. 2N3055 it always heating, Even all the doors in closed state (I checked using 4 switches - becuase I cant fit this in to my car) This may cause my baterry to go dead in few days.

Can any one please address above two issues and pass me a good design. Since I have no much idea on designing electronics circuits, I think you all can help me.

- Thankx in advance

- Buddhi -

from Sri Lanka

what do you mean with negative ground!!!!!!
Are you sure you have connected the transistor in the correct way?
Do you have a multimeter?
Try to measure the voltages or current and let me know the values

Hi pakitos,

Negative ground means, cars' battery -VE is connected to body of the car.

In this circuit Once dor is open ( switch - ON ) it is getting +ve towards circuit. But in all Japaneese car models all are -VE ground. (switch should come to -VE side)

I have a multimeter, I can pass you valtages, But I feel it will not be useful if we cant find a solution for above thing, Since I wanted to really use on a car rather than keeping it on a project board.

- Regds

- Buddhi - from Sri Lanka

Status
Not open for further replies.