Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Does the 470MHz LORA work with 30ppm freq error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Gurus,
There is an issue confused me for a while.
Now the XO of the 470MHz LORA design is a 32MHz TCXO with about 1ppm error, so the RF freq error is also about 1ppm.
But I want to replace the 32MHz TCXO with a normal 32MHz crystal, which has about 20ppm freq error.
The issue is that the 470MHz LORA may be a node for the LORA netwrok, i.e., as a similiar base station to receive several hundreds sensors data in TX/RX mode.
So the node 470M LORA should have a sync function, and I think the sync function should be based on the baseband processing and doubt if it is related to RF freq error.
I don't know the protocols of LORA networks, so any Guru think it is possible to replace the 32MHz TCXO with a normal XO?
Attachments are the 32MHz TCXO datasheet and related LORA documents, for the reference.
Best,
Tony Liu
--- Updated ---

PS: The 32MHz TCXO is working for Smetech LORA 1268 RF IC.
There is another 8MHZ XO(20ppm) for the STM32 IC as the baseband crystal.

Attachments

• 32M晶体TCXO-TG2016SMN.pdf
    416.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IEEE Standard for Low-Rate Wireless Networks 802.15.4-2015.pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 237
  • LORAwantm_specification_-v1.1.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 78

According to IEEE standard page 421: "the BPSK PHY transmit center frequency tolerance shall be ± 40 × 10^-6 maximum."
Which means that at 470MHz the TX frequency accuracy should be about 0.2ppm.
If the transmitter is part of a sync loop, may handle this frequency accuracy without using a such accurate reference frequency (the same as many of cellular systems does). This may be possible because LoRa use geolocation.

tony_lth

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back