Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does spectre/hspice include mos parasite cap&res in simu

Status
Not open for further replies.

leohart

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I use a spice model file from fab, and draw sch myself,then use ADE to do the sch->netlist and then simulate the transient/ac of ckt with spectre or hspice, are parasite caps of mos(Cgs,Csb,Cgd,.etc) considered in the simulation?

Of course I cannot see the parasite on the sch, but will spice includes them automatically for me?

thx.

Added after 1 minutes:

I mean just simulation with netlist from orignal sch, not post simulation after lpe

yeah spice will incle those parameters

Added after 55 seconds:

if only the model from the fab takes care of

can I verify that by myself?
like can I print out the value of them(just like .op and then get all the small signal parameter)

try to change the drain and source area and perimeter with the same MOS size and compare results

leohart

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Does spectre/hspice include mos parasite cap&res in

You may choose Results -> Print -> DC operating points

Then choose your device in your schematic and it will list all the intrinsic components of the MOS

leohart

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello, if you use hspice for simulation,you also can use the element template listing
to examine the parasite parameters in the transient simulation.
For the detail information, you can refer to the hspice manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back