Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does somebody hear about concurrent pcb design tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasper

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Currently, I have heard that Mentor and Zuken both support this function, but it seems that mentor is better than zuken.

is there anybody here has experience on zuken concurrent design?

Can you give me more information about that, thanks.

Concurrent design is far from being a self-explanatory term, to my opinion. Apparently, the said products have some features, that have been named concurrent design. To decide, if it's more than a salesman slogan, you have to define your requirements in this respect.

i am also hearing this word(related to PCBs)first time.

This term is not a salesman invented. Allegro, Pantheon and other capable tools allow for dividing an actual layout into partitions or segments which can be worked on by two or more designers at the same time.

Regards,

M

majnoon said:
This term is not a salesman invented. Allegro, Pantheon and other capable tools allow for dividing an actual layout into partitions or segments which can be worked on by two or more designers at the same time.

Regards,

M

Your meaning is divide design, then load it back. That is not a real concurrent design concept.

Has someone tried Mentor team pcb function? I think that is a real concurrent design idea. Maybe other pcb vendors are thinking their way to have alike function.

Maybe other pcb vendors are thinking their way to have alike function.

They have... I've mentioned at least two in my post.

I do have use mentor expedition team design: two (or more) designer works on a part (region) of pcb and can not see interactiveley what is done bu others.
You can update was was done be others but it is not real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back