Does SOC Encounter ECO Post-Mask flow support this kind of netlist changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irun2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am fresh to SOC ECO and need help on it. Thanks!
The chip has been taped-out and after some tests bugs are found. I’ve modified the verilog netlist using several spare cells. The changes are like below:
TOP module originally has instance of module A and module B, now signals inside that two module need to be connected to each other, I’ve create new ports in A and B, connected them in TOP. In module A, spare cells(named or_spare1, and_spare2, which contained in the spare module C) are used. So I’ve commented or_spare1, and_spare2 in module C.
I followed the userguide to do the ECO, but errors SOCECO-146 were found, saying
ERROR: (SOCECO-146): Name SGate is already used by an instance or a net in cell clk_gate.
**ERROR: (SOCSYC-1805): Failed to add net 'u_top/clk_gate/SGate', the routing on the net is discarded.

---------- Post added at 06:07 ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 ----------

When I used ecoRoute -modifyOnlyLayers 1:3, the error becomes:
#ERROR (NRDB-993) INSTANCE u_top/timer/spr_nand2_0 connected to selected net u_top/timer/help1 is unplaced. Allinstances connected to selected nets must be placed before routing.

help1 is one of the new created wires. What should I do to fix the complaint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…