Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does indoor need a bigger antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am testing a Discone antenna indoor.. Is it necessary to make the size of antenna bigger by decresing the frequency?? I currently testing discone where frequency is 1GHz.. but cannot get the radiation pattern.. Thx for help..

You are going to always have problems with antenna measurements indoors. First there is the reflections from walls and then there is the far field distance. At leas the second of these can be overcome if the frequency is high enough.

To answer to your question, yes, is necessarily to make the antenna larger for lower frequencies (actually this is valid for all the antennas).
Here you can find the dimensions:
**broken link removed**

and this is the pattern that you have to get for Discone in open-space or using an anechoic chamber

just out of interest, can you let me know how are you testing your antenna?

hi i am also interested in antenna design..whats a good book to start with?

the multipath fading , shadowing and interference

make the antennna measurement perform badly indoor .

Normally , the bigger antenna make the antenna specification better .

The best place for measuring antenna indoor is to measure it in chamber .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back