Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does High Volume Starter Kit Bundle Xilinx Development Board include EDK ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
Colleagues,

Do you know if this Xilinx kit bundle **broken link removed** includes the Embedded Development kit? The bundle does include the Spartan-3 starter kit, and Xilinx says that
"Evaluation Software: Xilinx ISE & EDK CDs"
is included. Does anyone know if the IP for the PicoBlaze is included and how long does the evaluation license work?

Thanks,
Nick

xilinx edk 11 key

are you sure you have given the right link?

the link you gave points to the "High Volume Starter Kit Bundle(HW-SPAR3-CPLD-DK) Xilinx Development Board" which is actually a Spartan 3 starter kit plus the CPLD design kit. it says nothing about the EDK.

i highly doubt that the EDK would be available with a 99 dollars kit.

xilinx debugger slow

PicoBlaze is a free download:
https://www.xilinx.com/products/design_resources/proc_central/grouping/picoblaze.htm

Oh wow, the "High Volume Starter Kit Bundle" is new, and it replaces the $99 Spartan-3 Starter Kit. For the same price, you now get a CPLD kit too.

The package includes the EDK 7.1i CDROM, but a license will cost you $495 US. I don't know if an EDK evaluation license exists or how long it runs. There is no "Try" button on this page:
https://www.xilinx.com/products/des...tool/index.htm?url=/ise/embedded/register.htm

picoblaze rtos

echo47 said:
PicoBlaze is a free download:
h**p://www.xilinx.com/products/design_resources/proc_central/grouping/picoblaze.htm

Yes, it is, but there is no good compiler/debugger for it, is there?
And if anyone is efficient writing assembly, I'm not that person. :)

xilinx edk

I doubt you'll ever see a PicoBlaze compiler. PicoBlaze code is limited to only 1K words, and it's very hardware intensive and customizeable, not compiler friendly.

Here's a nice free assembler/debugger:
**broken link removed**

hw-spar3-cpld-dk

kender: do you mean PicoBlaze or MicroBlaze?

PicoBlaze is a very simple processor, basically used to built complex state machines.

MicroBlaze is a customizable 32 bits processor, able to stand for linux and RTOS.

PicoBlaze is free, and I think that you will not find any C compiler. MicroBlaze is included in EDK.

xilinx edk registration key

angelote said:
kender: do you mean PicoBlaze or MicroBlaze?

Initially I meant the 32bit MicroBlaze. I was hope there is a way to get the EDK for $100 together with a kit. We'll see what Xilinx technical support says on Monday...

cpld xilinx edk

As you can see in the picoblaze forum, There is now a simple C compiler available for it and well ... 1024 instructions is a lot. We can do many different tasks with it. Finally 1024 should be extendable easily.
So, picoblaze is really a good tool in my idea when you do not have enough time for a complex microprocessor such as microblaze.
Another important point is available bugs in EDK. Once they killem me in a project. ( The initial release of EDK 7.1)

rtos picoblaze

I stand corrected!

The PicoBlaze forum discussion:
**broken link removed**

The compiler:
**broken link removed**

Yes, EDK is chock-full-of-bugs. Also huge and slow.

starter edk xilinx

I use to used ise & edk starter kit

can use about 60 day for evaluate kit

pccomp picoblaze download

I thinks you must buy edk software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back