Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does anyone have a good idea to amplify an analog signal by 32 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

nksunmoon

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a circuit which can amplify an analog singal by 32 times precisely.Does someone have some advices? Thank you very much.

??
An operational amplifier with a gain of 32
and what is the amplitude of your analog signal?

does my answer look stupid.:roll:

not opa but a kind of circuit

So far the answers to your post have more words than your actual question,
take your time and write a description of what is the source of the voltage you want to measure or amplify ,
what voltage kind and level do you expect, what king of circuit are you looking for,
maybe even if you have tried a solution that didn't work.
A post that describes a problem with a few words will not help people that read it to propose a solution.

Alex

hiii

we used the PA86EU opamp manufactured by Cirrus Logic / APEX

We have given input 2.5V and amplified it by 40 times (to 100V)

It works very fine and the gain is also resistor dependend

We can obtain output upto 250V (sigle supply) or +125V, -125V dual supply

We can control the Slew rate too.

Just check the data sheet at PA86 datasheet

and also find out if they are obsolete now.

Also try PA79 (datasheet PA79)
PA241,PA93,PA15 ,PA97,PA91,PA85,PA94,PA90,PA83A are some power op amps which may serve your purpose.

All these are voltage amplifiers, i.e., they have low current output.

Hope this helps

@nksunmoon

What alexan_e said is right...

Please furnish the details clearly...

Amplifier generally refers to voltage amplifier...Is that what you want?

Please give the voltage range of input and also the load the amplifier must drive

So far the answers to your post have more words than your actual question,
take your time and write a description of what is the source of the voltage you want to measure or amplify ,
what voltage kind and level do you expect, what king of circuit are you looking for,
maybe even if you have tried a solution that didn't work.
A post that describes a problem with a few words will not help people that read it to propose a solution.

Alex

Yes you are right,now i will give some specifications about the founction of the circuit.
The circuit is based on switch capacitor topology,so the gain of the circuit is capacitor dependent.
The input signal is very small,and it will be about several millivolts.
The load capacitance of the circuit will be about several pF.
And I want to design this kind of circuit but not to find a chip product which can realizes this founction.
As we know,the feedback factor will be very small if the switch capacitor circuit has a large gain.So is hard to realize high speed and high precision with so large gain.
So my question is: are there some methods that can realize the high gain、high speed and high precision
simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back