Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Documents which explain poles and zeros in control systems/analog circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridhara

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
where can i get a good material about poles and zeros....explanation in terms control systems and also in analog circuits.......

poles and zeros

Circuit Analysis
By
William Hyat

physical meaning of poles and zeros

for stable systems,pole should be in right hand of S plane (negative real value)and if it is imaginary axis(non real) ,it indicates system is oscillatory...
if it is real and imaginary( a complex),then system response is damped oscillation.....
if poles are left in Splane then system is highly unstable...

physical significance of poles and zeros

modern control system
dorf
control system
ogata
and me if u have some questions.

modern control systems dorf rapidshare

Concept is very simple.

When you see a pole, the output from the transfer function give you a infinite value..
WHen you see a zero, the output is 0.

control systems dorf rapidshare

hi
also I say you to see the books by:
1) Hayt
2) Dorf
3) Nelson

network analysis van valkenburg rapidshare

i want to know about the effect of addition of pole or a zero to a circuit....

physical significance fo poles and zeros

pole zero cancellation method can be used for cancellation techinque.........

explanation about poles and zeros

sedra and smith.

network analysis van valkenburg + rapidshare

sedra&smith is always a good book and you can find the definitions of poles and zeros and their realtion of the stability and the gain af any system in the book

van valkenburg rapidshare

hi,
u can read the book "Network Analysis" by Van Valkenburg.
A very good introduction to poles and zeros is given in that book

nyquist stability criterion

try this book **broken link removed**

van valkenburg network analysis rapidshare

try this book **broken link removed**

sorry i 4got the psw: deadzoners.info

stability poles and zeros

can anyone tell me what is the physical meaning of adding a pole and zero.I want to ask what we do in reality when we say
we added a pole to the system(what change or component ve we introduced in our construction)
we added a zero to the system

Added after 20 minutes:

addition of pole makes system less stable but decreases its steady state error .
adding a zero makes the system stable but its steady state error is increased.

poles and zeros in circuits

see ogata's control system book of kou's book

meaning of pole in circuits

Can anyone tell me what is the physical meaning of adding a pole and zero.I want to ask what we do in reality when we say we added a pole to the system(what change or component ve we introduced in our construction) we added a zero to the system ...

A question repeated on behalf of our friend umairmahmood and also may persons like us..

Santom

van valkenburg network analysis rapidshare.com

santom said:
Can anyone tell me what is the physical meaning of adding a pole and zero.I want to ask what we do in reality when we say we added a pole to the system(what change or component ve we introduced in our construction) we added a zero to the system ...

A question repeated on behalf of our friend umairmahmood and also may persons like us..
Santom

OK - here is a short explanation:

1.) Adding a pole means to have an additional factor (1+sT) in the denominator of a transfer function. This can be done by using an additional lowpass of 1st order.
2.) If (1+sT) appears as an additional factor in the nominator it acts like a zero.
This can be accomplished - for example - by adding another R in series with the cap of the low pass circuit.

Added after 18 minutes:

umairmahmood said:
addition of pole makes system less stable but decreases its steady state error .
adding a zero makes the system stable but its steady state error is increased.

That´s definitely not true.
Have you ever heard about lag compensation - a method for stabilizing a circuit by adding a pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back