Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DMX 512 on 8051 using SDCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandumit

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dmx 8051

Hi All,

I'm trying to implement the DMX 512 for some disco lights. Anyone who has some experience in this please tell me too..

Thanks,
Daniel

dmx512 atmel

I've implemented this application before, i've used T89C51RC2 from Atmel CO.

The most important aspect is that your Interrupt Service Routine (ISR) that responds th the RS485 datastream, this ISR time must not exceed 44 uSec., Thus, i've used the X2 mode in the mentioned chip.

If i can help u, it'll be a great pleasure.

Yours,

dmx protocol 8051

Hello,

Normally you will connect a RS-485 logic level converter to the serial port of your uC. But how is it possible to detect if the signal between some data bytes is high or low? This is important to know because the logic level between two data bytes indicates if you should reset the byte counter or not. It would be possible to get this information with an additional port pin but I have never seen this is standard DMX-512 designs.

Bye,
cube007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back