Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Moving Message Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can get LED FONT code generator from pjhs_rajeev(a)rediffmail.com

I am very weak in serial communication? ............
is there any alternative to recieve the data to be displayed...
like RF module or EEPROM or anything else...... please guide me...

john.l said:
I am very weak in serial communication? ............
is there any alternative to recieve the data to be displayed...
like RF module or EEPROM or anything else...... please guide me...

Hey, no need of RF/EEPROM,
if you just need to enter data, Use Keypad :)
simple...

but then the coding will increase, as u need to sense all keys,
better, I would suggest you to learn serial communication,
it is hardly 10 lines of code... whereas keypad would be at least 100 lines code...

Let me know if you need any more help

@ rushi53 dear i m very happy for ur help :d but my main problem is this i m working in this field since 25 years but i work only at hardware and now i want to learn programming on atmel or avr or pic i dont know anything about programing and i live in a small town so there are no any institute who can teach me plz guide me what should i do for this. a to z what should i learn 1st which language is used for this work and etc i know only flashing on mobile or any other mcu i have a selfmade serial programmer for at89 series and some more but now i want to learn programing plz help me very very thanx for this reply

avtarsinghji said:
@ rushi53 dear i m very happy for ur help :d but my main problem is this i m working in this field since 25 years but i work only at hardware and now i want to learn programming on atmel or avr or pic i dont know anything about programing and i live in a small town so there are no any institute who can teach me plz guide me what should i do for this. a to z what should i learn 1st which language is used for this work and etc i know only flashing on mobile or any other mcu i have a selfmade serial programmer for at89 series and some more but now i want to learn programing plz help me very very thanx for this reply

@avtarsinghji
You can start with 89s51, it doesn't require external programmer, as it contains ISP
Once you are very well familiar with 89s51, you can start with AVR ATmega16

Let me know if you need any more help

for i/o expension and contol 74ls595, and 74ls164
and interface with micro-controller and c code
**broken link removed**

Re: My newest 16 char MMD with a small PIC

zuisti said:
zuisti said:
This is a new Moving Message Display with a PIC16F628A and 8(16) x 5x7 led matrix, working in Proteus but it's working as well also on the real hw.
I'm attached here the project (for 8 or 16 chars) with the hex firmware only, beacuse I wrote the program in Proton but with many (70%) hard and hand optimalisation in assembly (for the speed).
I think it is not a human readable program, and sorry... it's not for public!

Hi my dear friends!

If somebody is really interested to this project, please drop me a PM with your real email address and I'll post to this address the whole project with sources. You must understand I don't want to make it fully public, and please no else doesn't make that, and do not use it for commercial purposes!
I'm worked a lot on it!

However, as I wrote, the program isn't small, nor easy to understand, and it has many assembly snippets, so it is NOT easy portable (unfortunately).
But ... it is working fine.

(I'm working on it continually but now in C and with PIC18 and AVR uCs.)

Note this project is simplified for Proteus ISIS simulation: for example there aren't real line drivers nor real rs232 interface (only 1 transistor ), it's running now at 1 Mhz PIC clock because my PC is slow). To make a real circuit please also study the ELEKTOR pdf in my previous posts (attachments) on this thread!

If somebody want to build it, I'll help gladly in a PM.

zuisti

Hello could you please sendme your last job about the display?

I need help i want to a Moving Message Display on 4 8x8 Led matrix using PIC16f84A Can anybody help me..plz i need urgent help.....

Thank you all for your examples and designs!

Can somebodies post any links about 3 or more 16x16 led dot matrix display using 89s52 or any other MCU??? I only see 5x7 led matrix in this forum !!

sahu said:
uwemenergysystems said:
can any body help with circuit diagram and assembly lang. souce code for 16f84 moving message display?
i think this is useful for u.

how to add long character to use dot matrix 8x8 10 pcs :idea:

Added after 15 minutes:

erio said:
umery2k75 said:

I have made 2 of these kind of circuits, this verison can take on string from Computer using serial port using 8051.Previous one, I did was around a year ago. It also used 8051. I also have pictures of previous board and video demonstration.

nice and neat thing..can u post schem and the code? so i can learn it..
is this can be operated standalone? i mean the message is stored on EEPROM? or just receiving the message from the serial?

thanks before...

hlo bro....upload here u're project...schematic & surce code

thx before

wanditea said:
sahu said:
uwemenergysystems said:
can any body help with circuit diagram and assembly lang. souce code for 16f84 moving message display?
i think this is useful for u.

how to add long character to use dot matrix 8x8 10 pcs :idea:

Added after 15 minutes:

erio said:
umery2k75 said:

I have made 2 of these kind of circuits, this verison can take on string from Computer using serial port using 8051.Previous one, I did was around a year ago. It also used 8051. I also have pictures of previous board and video demonstration.

nice and neat thing..can u post schem and the code? so i can learn it..
is this can be operated standalone? i mean the message is stored on EEPROM? or just receiving the message from the serial?

thanks before...

hlo bro....upload here u're project...schematic & surce code

thx before

add long character to use dot matrix 8x8 max 250 character
FINDSHOW:
showdata:
addwf PCL,1
retlw B'00000000' ;1
retlw B'00000000' ;2
retlw B'00000000' ;3
retlw B'00000000' ;4

umery2k75 said:

This is the best one in all, please please upload the schematic and source(asm,C) it will be very very helpful for learners.

umery2k75 said:

I don't have schematic, I had written lots of code for these kind of hardware. This program doesn't make use of Serial, it's easier to understand.In this PCB design I forget to add the base resistor of transistor, which I added in the end.If you want this file of EasyPC then tell me, I will upload it.

wow this is lovely. Im also trying to make my own one with PS2 on board.
I'll be post it here as soon as i can.

pasanRobotics said:
umery2k75 said:

I don't have schematic, I had written lots of code for these kind of hardware. This program doesn't make use of Serial, it's easier to understand.In this PCB design I forget to add the base resistor of transistor, which I added in the end.If you want this file of EasyPC then tell me, I will upload it.

wow this is lovely. Im also trying to make my own one with PS2 on board.
I'll be post it here as soon as i can.
Yes please do upload it, the PCB print is not very clear else I could trase it, I dont know the ICs and theri Nos, If any one know about it???????

ME said:
This link may be very useful:
https://attiny.com/dotmatrix.htm
It uses an Atmel AVR ATtiny2313 for controlling eight 5x7 LED dotmatrix displays.
[edit June 2009: Changed link to new website and use ATtiny2313 instead of the now obsolete AT90S2313)
Code:
\[
[color=red]MOD: This circuit is discussed a lot in EDA. [/color]

This is complete 5x7 19 matrix Moving message display with RS232 Control.
atmel 89c51 is used.column are scan by 74ls164
source code are in c keil c51
Proteus simulation file is included.
visit website: **broken link removed**

sohail_akram said:
This is complete 5x7 19 matrix Moving message display with RS232 Control.
atmel 89c51 is used.column are scan by 74ls164
source code are in c keil c51
Proteus simulation file is included.
Yes this may be the best one... I must try this if i have any problem i will ask, as I m very new in C and good in assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back