Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Moving Message Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Example of 5x7 Dotmatrix Display interface with schematics and code for ATMEGA16

**broken link removed**

Hi, i currently started a project where by i have to build a project with atmega8 or 16 ar 32. I bought all three of the microchips. I got 10 x 5by7 dot matric leds and 74HC595 shift register too. Using them i need to build it please can anyone help me i need really urgent help thanks....

pcup said:
Hi all Dear Experts.
I am constant browser of this thread for updates.
Have look at attached files. !! award winning design.!!
but i think it is limited to fixed modules of matrix. is it possible to expand this desing to say 20 to 30 modules of dotmatrix.

Thanx

Hi pcup,

May be you are the EXPERT but lot of people coming here just for fun or to get some knowledge.

If you check the diagram (posted long time a go) then you can see (if you understood little be electronics) my design is not limited by columns (?? modules 8x8??) and you can adopt if you like little be of work (programming)
Best regards all EXPERTS - ={lol} = - :D

Hello guys,

I want to make a led matrix display moving message using LEDs and PIC16F877a or any other PIC16FXXX/PIC18FXXX. I want to use LEDs because if I will use Led matrices ic's I will mess up with the MAXIM ic's etc. How many LEDs can I use the most driving them from the PIC?? Have you any ideas to help me??? Or a trusted guide???? please help!! :|

Hi all..
I like this thread.
here are tons of examples and references for starting dotmatrix display project. I' was reading this thread over night. (^_^) ...

Just wanna say Good JOb!!

thank you all..

is there any body with pc keyboard input / pic moving message display

amateur_man said:
Hello guys,

I want to make a led matrix display moving message using LEDs and PIC16F877a or any other PIC16FXXX/PIC18FXXX. I want to use LEDs because if I will use Led matrices ic's I will mess up with the MAXIM ic's etc. How many LEDs can I use the most driving them from the PIC?? Have you any ideas to help me??? Or a trusted guide???? please help!! :|

hi! we have the same problem.. do you have already idea on how to do it?!!

Added after 7 minutes:

hugo00 said:
pcup said:
Hi all Dear Experts.
I am constant browser of this thread for updates.
Have look at attached files. !! award winning design.!!
but i think it is limited to fixed modules of matrix. is it possible to expand this desing to say 20 to 30 modules of dotmatrix.

Thanx

Hi pcup,

May be you are the EXPERT but lot of people coming here just for fun or to get some knowledge.

If you check the diagram (posted long time a go) then you can see (if you understood little be electronics) my design is not limited by columns (?? modules 8x8??) and you can adopt if you like little be of work (programming)
Best regards all EXPERTS - ={lol} = - :D

Hi! do you have code for this project?.... i realy need it thanks...

I have a craz to make a moving message display and many times I asked on this forum about a help to do it but I could not find any sort of help. But still I am trying to build my own Moving Message Display, I have some knowlledge about it but not enough. I want to make it with Atmel 89S52. I have some questions if some one can answer me.

1. How to send data on shift register IC (for rows) character wise???
2. After each row the shift register should be loaded with empty data before
sedning next data on shift register?
3. No of displays (7X5) depends on the software?
4. OK if i m able to display a text on 12 dotmatrix displays like " HELLO ALL", Now if
I want to scrol it right side How will I shift it right side in software???
5. How differnt scrollings (up, down right and left) take place on message?

I have alots of such quetions but there are the most important im my mind and can help me to complete my project, I would like to request if any one has made a simple one plz pm the project.

regards

You should go through some already made projects posted on the forum. Try to synchronize the hardware with the software from there you will start to learn the tricks in doing dotmatrix display. I'm not an expert in this field but I have designed quite a descent dotmatrix display. I'm looking forward to implement my latest design which entails storing characters in MMC.

answer to your question:
1.The port of the mcu should connect to the rows of the Dotmatrix display. Then send data from lookup table to the port as you clock the shift register.

2. not necessry

3. No of display depends on the length of character that u want ur display to show at a time. Software is basically the same for any length except the RAM initialized

4. U have to understand ur shift register but i have never tried it. May be someone who has the experience may help

5. These are all about how you program ur code to feed data to the port and how u clock ur shif register. thanks.

I'll advise that you start from the scratch then u can start to build on experience.

Thankd you so much for your kind reply and humble help. You are write if I sychronise a softwre with its hardware then it is easy to understand. But the problem is that I can not find a simple haredare with simple software written for only scrolling, my second problem is that I work on Atmel and I know only assembly language and most of the software on forum are written in C language. that is why I request on the forum that If any one has a simple hardware and simple software in assembly then plz post as it will be a great help for me.

check "www.talkingelectronics.com" goto the 5x7 display. everything is explained from the scratch. all code is in asm for pic. u can easily transfer the knowledge to any microcontroller. which mcu do you use? if you have any doubt feel free to ask.

can any body help with circuit diagram and assembly lang. souce code for 16f84 moving message display?

have u checked the website i posted above?

HI,
Please suggest me the high current sink IC(replacement of ULN 2803) that can sink upto
2A.

Dear Hugo00 y tryng to make the same display do you make, to put in my church,y have an questions yours dot is four leds, he is in series or parallel?
what the advantage to mic5841 over 74hcxxx
y make an sign board in this site
https://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6033
but not bright my leds only is visible in the shadow kkkk please help-me

is there any body with pc keyboard input / at89s52 moving message display

avtarsinghji said:
is there any body with pc keyboard input / at89s52 moving message display

u need to include a serial communication module
which will receive data from PC.
Thanks for suggesting this concept, I would like to implement it.
right now I don't have program for it.
But I can suggest something about flow
For simplicity of program I would suggest to keep a key for receiving data from PC
I mean microcontroller will receive data from PC only once this Key is pressed.
initiate the program of serial communication. store the data in memory.
and use some exit characters like @ or #
then exit from this routine and start the rolling program again.

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back