Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

display text monitor vga in vhdl code

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkpowar

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VGA CONTROLLER

Hi..
i am BE student .i am doing project in VLSI. part of my project is VGA CONTROLLER.. i want to interface monitor to fpga via vga connector. for that i wrote code also but it is not working . can any one help me for vhdl code of vga controller ..which gives test pattern on monitor by giving inputs manually..

thanx in advance.

VGA CONTROLLER

Thanx for replying ..
i saw that link..but here whole sysytem is designed,but iwant to work on sparten 3e board and only i want to design vhdl code to generate test pattern (8 colorss) on monitor that set..

Re: VGA CONTROLLER

Be specific Mr. Powar,
what problem you are facing..?
It is a final year project work ?

where are you stuck...?

VGA CONTROLLER

There are some basic functional blocks that are common to all video designs, e.g. H- and VSYNC generation, address counters,
possibly color space conversion. They can be copied pretty well from an existing project, e.g. the said opencores design.
To use this existing building blocks and add your specific test generator functions, you can't hardly avoid to acquire the basic
digital video knowledge , at least if you want to do it yourself.

hey Mr. Powar,
I also got the same project as a module in my Final yr project.
did you get any info abt interfacing camera to FPGA??

Status
Not open for further replies.