Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DipTrace Professional PCB Tool new version

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdemir

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
diptrace

Hi All
DipTrace Professional PCB Tool udated. Now 1.23

Whats New?

Custom thermals for pads.
Sorting in Component and Pattern Editors.
"Zoom Extents" tool in Schematic and PCB.
Separate scale and position for Schematic pages.
Checking net connectivity in PCB Layout.
"Save to File" button in schematic comparison dialog box.
"Paste sub-menu" by right click in design area.
Text vectorization for gerber was improved.
Unlimited zoom in Gerber and N/C drill preview.
Separate selection of each wire of net or bus in Schematic.
Moving vias and "add node" features were improved.
Renaming and Deleting nets in connection manager.
Pop-Up menu when trying to merge nets in PCB.
Returning origin to default position feature.
Editing wire nodes in Schematic was improved.
Printing negative in PCB Layout.
"R" or "Space" to rotate part text while moving (F10).
"Apply to" options for pad properties dialog box.
Selection of overlapping objects by repeated clicks.
Import P-CAD PDIF in Schematic and PCB.
Import Eagle Script and P-CAD ASCII library formats.

Coming Soon:
Orcad netlist support
Integrate with Electra aotorouter
Integrate with B2Spice for simulation.

If you haven't try DipTrace yet, you have to do it. You will be suprised!
It has easy to learn user interface...
www.diptrace.com

diptrace turkiye

Dear fdemir;

I need to Reverse 12 layer PCB then modify it , I have it's gerber files . but i need to make it quickly . IS the DipTrace Professional PCB Tool able to merge between two PCB file to able me and my friend to work in parallel " eatch one drow 6 layers" then merge the tow files or work in the same file through network.
thanks

diptrace import orcad schematic

Antonios said:
Dear fdemir;

I need to Reverse 12 layer PCB then modify it , I have it's gerber files . but i need to make it quickly . IS the DipTrace Professional PCB Tool able to merge between two PCB file to able me and my friend to work in parallel " eatch one drow 6 layers" then merge the tow files or work in the same file through network.
thanks

Hi Antonios. You can send request diptrace developer directly.
https://www.diptrace.com/support.php
They will be very glad to help you.

diptrace electra

Just looked at it. The software looks pretty good, BUT, there is a major commercial issue here. They don't have an address anywhere on their website, they obviously are not native english speakers (check the tutorial) and why are they trying so hard to pretend that they are in the USA. It looks a bit shady to me.

I don't mind buying stuff from a small start-up in Russia, but at least let us know who we are dealing with.

As a hobbyist, it probably doesn't matter, but as a commercial business, dare you take the risk of investin a lot of time and money building up a huge design library and product files using a product that "doesn't have an owner"? How can I have any confidence in this supplier?

Also, what's worse.. I went to their yahoo help-portal and the customers were reporting bug after bug, and the tech-support guy there didn't know what a fiducial mark was. Apparently they don't have any experience with designing PCBs for the real world.

At first glance, this software looks good, but the commercial side of things are very shady.

If you are using this software for commercial purposes, beware!

diptrace

They are a Ukranian company. The name of the marketing director and address are listed on the following page: https://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/489210 . It seems they also have some sort of distribution set up in the UK under the name Novarm Software.

diptrace merging

The company is located in Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk. The size is 8 people in Ukraine (2 co-owners and 6 employees) and one part-time employee in USA, but no any representative in UK - that is mistake of article web-site. Was started in 2002 by 2 students and incorporated in late 2005 (hired first employees in early 2006).

Small Russian, Ukrainian companies don't publish real addresses on web-sites because this reduces sales (from our experience too). The way that many Russians use is not publishing address at all (if you don't see address on software, service web-site - 90% this is Russian based company) or purchasing virtual office in US.
We have published address on the company web-site though: https://www.novarm.com - for those who really looking for it.

p.s. I know at least one another popular EDA software that was written in Ukraine, but represented by US company. Some popular brands like Mentor, etc. have development offices in Russia too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back