Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dipole array designing in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahaa

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.i am designing a dipole array with 11 element in hfss.but my radiation pattern is very norrow and directive.i am newre in hfss.wich type of boundary i shoud use?Pml or radiation?if anyone have such a project with dipole please help to me.
thx

A radiation boundary is okay. Your pattern will be very narrow with 11 elements.

As ColonelTigh mentioned: You can use any boundary (radiation or PML). If you use PML boundary, the results are more accurate compared to using the radiation boundary. Simulation takes a while longer if you use PML boundary.

Since you are using an array of 11 elements, your radiation pattern will be more directive, thats what is expected. So your results are correct.

-sv

thx for replies.why this array pattern with cst studio is not directive as narrow as with hfss?
this is my project file.is my array setup is true?
plz help.thx

Attachments

• 11dipole.rar
    26.9 KB · Views: 93

I haven't used CST... pictures of plots would be better. It could be that your port excitations are inconsistent between your CST and HFSS setups. In HFSS, you have to setup your integration paths on the ports to be the same direction. Otherwise when doing arrays, you may get some ports 180-degrees out of phase with other ports.

If you're doing dipoles, it's not hard to determine your array factor pattern analytically. Figure that out and plot it. That may give you a clue as to what is wrong.

A first order approximation of the array beamwidth is 65 degrees divided by the array length in wavelengths. That may help you decide if you are on track.

thx for replies.
i changed the setup for far field radiation and my answer become true.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back