Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dimension reduction of features

Status
Not open for further replies.

bovitch

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to reduce the features dimension of speech signals. the used signals have different sizes.
how to get the features with fixed dimension after the dimensionality reduction??

Perhaps you mean the amplitude of the waveforms?
Do you want to make loud words softer, and soft words louder?

Do you use a digital sound processing program? A lot of people like Audacity because it is free and has many of the features needed to make it useful.

The effect that might do what you want is called compression. It reduces the louder waveforms. You can set preferences which adjust the levels at which it operates.

Thanks BradtheRad

I have performed a feature extraction for voice recognition
however the obtained features have different length (because the used signals have different length)
I want to reduced and fixed the length of the obtained features

It sounds as though you want to change the time-length of each word. Is that correct?

Audacity can change speed without changing pitch, or vice-versa. It does this by re-sampling the data points.

You can perform the operation on an entire file, or just a portion.

I don't know of a way to apply it automatically so that you obtain fixed time lengths of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back