Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reduction in microvolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navaneeth.A.Gowda

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have recorded EEG data using openBCI which is in the range of -15000 to 15000 micro volts. I want to reduce this to the range of -100 to 100 micro volts. How do I do it?

Why reduce? How do you achieve 15 mV signal, regular EEG lead is in a 100 µV range. Are you asking about removing unwanted noise?

Hi,

"I have recorded" ... thus I guess you now have digital values.
So a simple mathematical multiply will adjust the range.

Klaus

I have recorded EEG data using openBCI which is in the range of -15000 to 15000 micro volts. I want to reduce this to the range of -100 to 100 micro volts. How do I do it?
I see no good reason to do that, but you could use a resistive divider.

An op amp can be used as an attenuator with a higher value of Rg than Rf. On that note I have a similar question. I am trying to get nanoVolt response out of a DAC but the smallest reference is 400Mv which leaves terrible resolution out of my DAC. Is the best solution to use my OP-amp attenuator best used to do a 1:10 reduction on the Ref in? or should I use the reduction on the DAC out?

Status
Not open for further replies.