Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dimension Mearsurment

Status
Not open for further replies.

fences

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a pot and i want to measuring it's height and diagonal.
my pot like this :
1.JPG

for measuring it's diagonal i will use from camera ( like webcam ) and open CV functions.
but I have no idea for measuring height ( or depth ) . any suggestion? any circuits?

thanks

Can't you just use a ruler or tape measure?

no, it is not possible to use ruler,
is there any circuit to measure distance? ( with 0.1 mm tolerance - optical or ultrasonic )

You can easily measure to 0.1 mm using ordinary micrometers and such. A depth micrometer from a a flat of know thickness will give that precision for height If you need higher precision, say 0.02 mm, then get a surface plate and height standards. You compare the height of the rim or base to the standards using dial caliper on a stand or similar electronic caliper.

When you mentioned using a web camera, it gave the impression that you did not need great precision. Have you ever done such measurements of an irregular or round 3D object with a web cam? There can be a lot of distortion.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.