Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital presence sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliseguimaraes

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a project where one of the entries is 1 when there's someone at a place and 0 when there's no one (more specifically, in front of some sensor). I need some device that does that, like an infrared sensor or something, but I need help. Could you suggest something (any sensor that outputs one when presence is detected right in front of it, in a short distance). Thank very much.

If you want to sense the person in front of the sensor, you have to use IR reflective or ultrasonic sensors. If you want to sense the person in a wide area you have to use PIR sensor.

Please specify what is a person present for example it must be a person moving at speeds more than .001m/s for 90% of the time ; 20 % of the body area at 37 deg C must be visible to the sensor 90 % of the tme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back