Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital oscilloscope Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
silab 8051 oscillo adc

miniK0bo said:
as promised: the schematics
so far there is one mistake in the schematics. the reserved pin on the fx2 chip needs to be grounded!
Is it anyone have a sampler analog circuit about DSO oscilloscope ?
I would like to build DSO oscilloscope like this :

**broken link removed**

building your oscilloscope

you can check this one out, this is developed with the help of the people of this forum

**broken link removed**

gameboy digital sampling oscilloscope

renes said:
What is the status of version 2 of this project at www.soudez.be/joomla/index.php?
Anything I can help?
Yes, this is interesting circuit diagram.
I saw carefully this DSO but sampler realized inside in ADC but I want to build external sampling schematic.

national lmx9838

plameniv said:
Boards of DSO-2150 and DSO 220 scopes

bitscope schematic

khach said:
Boards of DSO-2150 and DSO 220 scopes
Do you have quality photo for DSO 220 but with open in analogue part ?

lcd 240x160 +pic

hello everyone,

i have a project but i have no idea about its VHDL code. I did its hardware part but i couldn't do anything about its software is there anyone who can explain me the code or give an example?? thank you.

dso homemade

how to participate?

i tried more than one time to open your sites but no way..

and what about registertion ??

I need to share you such very interesting project...

may be a small tip from me can help

thanks all

bye

best money digital oscilloscope

plameniv said:
miniK0bo said:
so far there is one mistake in the schematics. the reserved pin on the fx2 chip needs to be grounded!

I've bought a DSO 2150 recently and it works fine

ep1k50tc144-3 quantity

Giuss said:
plameniv said:
miniK0bo said:

OK!
But -> We need the schematic for DSO2150. Do you have this sch?

adc oscilloscope 40mhz

Make_Pic said:
Giuss said:
plameniv said:
miniK0bo said:

OK!
But -> We need the schematic for DSO2150. Do you have this sch?

I don't have the schematic and it isn't supplied with the DSO, sorry

jyetech oscilloscope source code

random repetitive sample can reach high sample rate(ex.5GHZ) use low sample adc(ex.100MHZ),but how to realize random repetitive sample?

www.soudez.be / joomla / index.php?

Maybe of interest to the people on this thread, I am currently working on a simple, very low cost hobby scope. The design (schematic) and the controller software will be freely available. Preliminary base specs are 1 MSample/sec per channel, analog bandwidth >200 kHz, 8 bit resolution, voltage range 2V/div down to 0.1V/div, 2 channels, trigger on rising or falling edge or autotrigger, screen refresh rate approx. 3 - 10 frames/sec, uses PC for control and display (connects through serial port or USB-to-serial converter). Does not do any fancy sinx/x interpolation, so based on the sample rate it will be usable up to approx. 150 kHz analog bandwidth - good enough for manny hobby applications, audio work.

Total cost should be below US$50 when you get some of the parts as free samples from the respective chip manufacturer. Uses only DIP packaged chips and through-hole parts, so easy to assemble by a hobbyist.

I have about 75% of the circuit built up on a breadboard, working great so far.

Some more details here:

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9239

Picture of my breadboarded circuit in an earlier stage (missing the input amplifier with gain & offset control, as well as the trigger pickoff):

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Screenshot of the PC controller software (hacked together from a different project of mine), showing operation at full speed (10us/div, 1MSample/sec):

**broken link removed**

bitscope 50 mhz clock

Please provide some schematice and code also

swordfish osciloscop

That's the plan once I finished circuit development and made the printed circuit board version; everything you need to build your own copy will be available. In the meantime I have completed the one-channel breadboard version, which works great and meets or exceeds all the target specs. For the two-channel version all that's missing is a second ADC and a second SRAM. I'll have to update my schematic because I made quite a few changes while tinkering with the breadboard circuit.

A picture is here:

**broken link removed**

You could probably already reverse-engineer the schematic from that :)

As you can see, couldn't get any easier to build - a number of DIP's and a few garden-variety discrete components. The only thing I couldn't achieve so far is 1 MOhm input impedance, that would need better compensation of the frontend opamp's input capacitance; I ended up with only 60 kHz analog bandwidth when I tried with a straightforward resistive divider, while my current version has >500 kHz (with an input impedance of 133 kOhm). So you'd need to use any probes in 1x mode, not 10x. Not a big deal given the relatively low sample rate.

For those interested, the ADC is a Maxim MAX153, for up to 1 MSample/sec, but it works also with an ADC0820 (I tested it up to 0.5 MSamples/sec, a bit above it's spec maximum of 0.4 MSample/sec). The sample control are 5 standard 74HCxx series logic chips (hope to reduce it to 4) - dirt cheap. The microcontroller is a Picaxe 28X1 (www.picaxe.co.uk), basically a Microchip PIC with bootloader and Basic interpreter. Not a lot of horsepower but super-easy to program, and the download (programming) cable doubles as the PC link for the scope, again reducing cost and complexity. Could of course be replaced by the underlying Microchip PIC if you rewrite the firmware. Samples are stored on a 2Kx8 SRAM (only 256 bytes used). ADC and I/O-Expander are free samples from Maxim. All the other analog and mixed-signal chips (DACs, op-amps, adjustable gain amplifiers) are free samples from Microchip.

I'll keep you posted about any further progress.

oscilloscope on mobile phone project

go to Avr freaks website
their are such project

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
xilink+xc9572+project

The fastest AVR project I am aware of maxes out at 200 kSamples/sec, I'm not sure anymore of it was on one or two channels (believe it was one). The fastest Microchip (dsPic) based one is around 700 kSamples/sec but only a single channel - which severely limits its application. afaik the AVR's internal ADC have only around 50 kHz bandwidth anyway. None of them has an adjustable gain frontend, which limits the range of signal levels they can display. That's one of the disappointments I had when researching the best solution - there are many half-baked designs out there, proof-of-concept, but very few go all the way and make it a usable product.

Are there any new projects (especially with published description, schematics etc.) that I missed? Always interested to hear of alternative approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back