Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital or analog ??? for beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreeni

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all...

i wanted to know which domain i.e. in vlsi and embedded system (digital or analog)....would be better for someone like me ..who has to handle a project for the first time ..??

I don't understand what you mean by analog embedded system.
Also, "better" is a very subjective word. It varies depending on the measuring unit. If you would like to have challenge in what you work on, then analog is good compared to digital. In terms of the industry, analog is a small sector compared to digital. Hence from job availability is more in digital domain, as well as more engineers are available in this domain. So, the remuneration is less compared to analog engineer.

sorry that was my branch...(vlsi and embedded system)..
thanks for replying:)....

Also analog side requires lot of experience, min 4-5 yrs to get into a good company.
And you cant get any free tools, license cost is hefty.

hey thanks:)

can u suggest any free software for verilog coding...i did download modelsim..but
i am facing some difficulties ...

You can try icarus verilog or verilator.

h**p://www.icarus.com/eda/verilog
h**p://www.veripool.org/wiki/verilator

Status
Not open for further replies.