Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Image Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVenky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am in 3rd year and I haven't done any projects and I don't know what to do until recently when I came across "Digital Image Processing". Basically I love coding. So is it possible for me to do projects in Digital Image processing using MATLAB without even touching the electronic circuits?

Sure, by using a webcam you can do many creative and interesting projects using MATLAB Image processing toolbox.
OpenCV is another tool (C++ library) from Intel, and involves more programming; its also very much fast and better than MATLAB Image processing toolbox.

yes you can do. as said, one option is to use the web cam of your computer from where you can capture images directly into the MATLAB. or otherwise take some standard images, create a database and perform analysis/processing on that.

Of course you can, some image processing techniques are applied on specific standard images (e.g. Linda's image,..) many projects in the field are pure software projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.