Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Filter in Z domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

njad

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have the structure of a digital filter in Z-Domain.
I would like to analyze this structure and, I would like to know how I can go about understanding how I can design one of my own.

Hi,

you have not mentioned any thing about the structure which u have. Is it an FIR or IIR structure?

Filter in z domain represent generally a IIR filter.

Could u give detail about ur filter design?

All you have to do is use some delays, some multipliers and some adders if you you meant a filter structure

Discrete-time Signal Processing, 2nd ed., Alan V. Oppenheim and Ronald W Schafer, Prentice
is a good book for you ,/

njad said:
Hi
I have the structure of a digital filter in Z-Domain.
I would like to analyze this structure and, I would like to know how I can go about understanding how I can design one of my own.

use mathlab to analyse your filter
a good tool is simulink

njad,
The free e-book "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing" by Steven W. Smith is good. I think it's available from this forum.
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back