Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital bit through 0ohm???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljy4468

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone?

I've seen TI ADS5500 Evaluation board.(pipeline ADC 14bit 125MS/s)
and all digital output, clk output pass 0-ohm resistor.

why digital signal pass 0-ohm resistor?
what's the effect?

please tell me why.
thanks in advance.

there is no such thing as 0 ohms. all material has resistance except at superconductor temperatures.

Typically, "0 ohm" resistors are used for several purposes. One is just a jumper to allow creation of a single sided board (or perhaps a fewer layer board). Thompson TV sets are notroious for this. Another use is in a place where a resistor might be used in certain circuit configurations but others the resistor is not needed (and thus 0 ohms is used). It allows a manufacturer to create a single PCB to be used in multiple configurations/products.

Very typical during initial layout spins in order to be certain that different configurations can be tried.

If there are high-speed signals involved, the zero Ohm resistors can be replaced with "real" values in order to evaluate different driver impedances in order to minimize signal integrity problems.

Try to use the SEARCH function first; it is quite possible that similar topic has been discussed before ..

Regards,
IanP

Oh thanks!
But I've a question more.
In Analog device's evaluation board(ADC)
there are 22 ohm resistor instead of 0 ohm.....
I want to know more.

thanks

hard to say exactly but I bet its a current limiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back