Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital audio level increment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_bill

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I make a wave player (source code) but it's output is very lowly and i want to know how can i increase the audio level?
I use DAC for converting digital sample.

Thanks.

There are many ICs proper for this purpose.
One which is commonly used is the LM380:

lm380-mini-size-amplifier.jpg

+++

Thanks for reply.
yes,I know it's possible with analog amplifiers!!!

I want to know is it possible to increase the "digital" audio level in digital manner?

in my research on internet i found it that it possible by multiple the audio sample with logarithmic factor this means we must convert the linear
factor to logarithmic equivalent then multiple it with audio sample. this work but this cause to reduce the SNR and so the output audio will be very noisy.

now, any one how can i increase the audio level of digital sample without reducing SNR? is there any suitable algorithm?

Thanks.

here you are :**broken link removed**

Returning to your initial post, you didn't yet clarify why you get low volume when playing digital audio. Digital audio sources (e.g. *.wav files) are usually recorded with reasonable level, so the purpose of digital level control is mainly to reduce the level by multiplying each samples with a factor < 1.

Multiplying the signal with a factor > 1 will increase the absolute quantization noise but keep the SNR of the original signal. It's however impossible to improve the SNR without disturbing the signal significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.