Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differnece between leisure battery and car battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patray

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I apologise in advance if this post is too simple for this site but I need advice on the above.
I need a leisure battery in my static caravan to for the gas fridge to work. I am in Cyprus and I brought a leisure battery over from England when I shipped the van over. I also brought a solar panel charger hoping that it would be enough to keep the battery charged up. This has not been the case and I now need another spare battery so that I can have one being charged up and one in use. Unfortunately I have been unable to find leisure batteries on sale here.
My question is this. Can I use an ordinairy car battery for the fridge and lights? A simple answer please as I I know nothing abouthese things. Regards, Pat

You can do that, but be sure to buy another car battery for your purpose, not the battery used in your car.

Car battery is much better than leisure battery in terms of maximum discharge current in the very short time, that is the crank starting current.

Status
Not open for further replies.