Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differential osciillator problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliqureshi436

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
untitled.JPG
Hi i am trying to design the differential ring oscillator at 3 GHz, pic is attached. So far what i have been able to do is to make it oscillate when the simulation time is 20nsecs, but whenever i increase simulation time the oscillator starts giving dc!
The other problem is that i have not been able to find widths for the pmos and nmos, i have tried almost every width (parametric analysis) but the circuit only oscillates at 1 specific relation of widths and i don't know weather there is a particular relation to find width or only way is hit and try!
Please help.

u plz give me a clear diagram with all the width , length and bias values since i m trying to build the same diff ring oscillator in mentor graphics daic tool and matlab/simulink. then i will chk and try to build your ckt

even i face the same problem it shows square wave only when i put inverters at the + and - output otherwise it dont shows any oscillation

Status
Not open for further replies.