Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential Amplifier help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubble_d

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.

So need help finding the voltage diffrence between V1 and V2 where the voltages across a series of 4 3.7 voltage cells. So essentially If I am looking at the first cell, the voltage at V1 terminal of the op-amp is 14.8 = 3.7*4 and the voltage at v2=11.1=3.7*3. I want the output voltage to show me 3.7 Volts, but All I am getting is 11.1!

Also note, its a single source 15 volt supply.

Here is the multisim design I am working with.

MultiSim.jpg

Can Someone Please help!

[EDIT]

WOW, EPIC FAIL ON MY PART

I used A LM318 OP-AMP instead and I got it to give me a gain of 1.

All done, I just need to choose between a 741 or 318. I know 318 is much better, but will it be sufficient for my needs.

Last edited:

I cannot work out what you are doing with the INA105. It is a precision unity gain instrumentation amplifier with built in resistors, you don't have direct access to the internal +/-IN inputs so you cannot ignore the internal resistors. You either need to connect the device as it is intended to be used or use a different device. An opamp would probably do what you need - you don't really need the attributes of an instrumentation amplifier.

Keith

I was trying everything I can, Even when I connect the two voltages directly to the 2 inputs I get the same 11.1 V output. I am unsure what I am doing wrong, Does someone have instructions to setting up A INA105KP? Or is there some other op-amp I can use that will give me unity gain and show me the diffrence between two voltages with a single supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.